Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mary Has Chosen the Better Part

It must have been. It had to have been. A little girl sitting in the pew hearing my name mentioned with His. That is what it was. The feeling that I was chosen, that I was okay, not invisible. No longer insignificant as He called me by name and put the other in her place. Imagine that He loved when I sat and just listened and gloried in the stories, the tales of His childhood His love of His father. I see myself standing in the kitchen in long conversations over the politics of the day, of morality, of right and wrong.Moving into the living room as He continued on, sharing the way it is, was, and what it is to become. Wisdom of ages being woven into the future. Learning that there was a right and wrong, but variances in between. Hearing that each of us were chosen, special, we were gifts. Yes, that is when it happened. To walk with him amongst the trees and glory in the sounds of nature. To feel the breeze upon my face. To feel my little hand wrapped up in His. To dance freely, unbridled, free. To be free in those moments when we shared the stories of the old. To ask questions and to be filled with wonder as He talked about His people. So often the others would ask and ask, over and over again for answers, for favors, for guidance, protection. But, she did the one thing that the others couldn't do. She sat at his feet and listened. She was a sponge. She was His princess, the hem of her garment was tattered, torn, and soiled. He didn't care, she was His, she belonged right where she was and He cared. Today He calls us by name and only wants one thing from us. That one thing is to just stop, listen, learn, and love Him in return. We are exactly where we are suppose to be in this moment and at this time. Shhhh, He wants to tell you something so very, very special. Choose the better part and it will not be taken from you. God Bless. Jesus entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. She had a sister named Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me.” The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.” Gospel LK 10:38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment